Portable docking solutions are sustainable and compliant.
In most marine recreation areas today, Endangered Species Act (ESA) compliance is a concern. All three Knight Boat Docks product ranges are designed and built with ESA compliance at the forefront. The Knight Dock and the Knight SK Marine Pontoon Dock are both available with decking options than allow natural light to pass through sufficiently for fish and vegetation below the dock.
EZ Dock’s patented system is purpose-built to be an eco-friendly alternative to wood and foam-ﬁlled docks, ﬁshing piers and free-ﬂoating swimming platforms, which can release harmful substances into their natural surroundings.
Our ﬂoating, modular dock systems are composed of two parts: poly-ethylene sections and molded rubber couplers. Both components are made of materials that are completely harmless to the environment and can be recycled when the intended use is ﬁnished. In addition, EZ Dock modular sections and boat and PWC lifts adhere to the following environmental safety regulations:
• Manufactured with NRA-235 high-performance, general-purpose, UV-stabilized, rotational molding grade resins; these resins oﬀer a balance of toughness, rigidity, environmental stress crack resistance and low temperature impact performance*
• Resin conforms to FDA regulations (21 CFR 177.1520) regarding theuse of polyethylene in food contact articles*
• Suitable for processing by an approved recycling facility, or can be disposed of at any US government approved waste disposal facility*
• Not listed by the EPA as a hazardous waste, nor is it formulated to contain materials that are listed hazardous wastes*
• Does not exhibit the hazardous characteristics of ignitability, corrosively or reactivity, and is not formulated with contaminants as determined by the Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP)*
• Requires no foam ﬁlling; when a product is ﬁlled with foam, that foam can escape if the product is punctured, thereby creating an environmental hazard
• Uses no wood products, which could be treated with copper, chromium or arsenic (CCA); products that contain CCA can no longer be placed where they are directly in contact with water
• Patented connection coupler (partially funded by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency) is engineered to be an environmentally friendly prod-uct; coupler is made from 90% pre / post consumer waste recycled rubber
*Mobil Oil Corporation, Environmental Health and Safety Department, 970418-01 Material Safety Data Bulletin^